Tax deductions for veterinarians and veterinary nurses
Veterinarians diagnose, treat and prevent animal diseases, ailments and injuries.
Average weekly pay: $1,180
Employment size: 10,800
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Bachelor Degree of Higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Dogs, when used for work purposes – the vet bills and pet food bills may qualify as a tax deduction.
- Overnight travel expenses when visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, overalls and wet weather gear.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses, sunscreen and cosmetics.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Tax deductible dogs
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality