Tax deductions for waiters
Waiters serve food and drinks in cafes, restaurants, and hotels.
Average weekly pay: $804
Employment size: 120,000
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between two workplaces, or two jobs, or attending training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Journals, magazines and books that have content connected to your work in the hospitality industry. I.e. Good Food Guide, Top 100 Wines.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Overtime meal expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Protective footwear, gloves, and clothing.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- First aid courses, training courses and self-education expenses related to current income earning activities.
- Cost of making up till or bar shortages.
- Home office running expenses.
- Overnight travel expenses attending different workplaces or for training purposes – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Grooming including hairdressing, cosmetics, hair and skin care products.
- The initial cost of getting a gaming licence.
- Cost of meals eaten during the workday.
- Conventional clothing such as plain white shirt and black trousers.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.