Archivists, curators and records managers develop, maintain, implement and deliver systems for keeping, updating, accessing and preserving records, files, information, historical documents and artefacts.
Average weekly pay: $1,595
Employment size: 7,000
Future growth: Very strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home) or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending conferences, seminars, and training courses – includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Overtime meals – if paid a meal allowance under an Industrial Award.
- Self-education expenses – must be related to the current job.
- Magazines, books and journals.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
- Overtime meal expenses
- Self education expenses
- Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
- Compulsory work uniform
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
- Phone and internet
- Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
- Home office running expenses
- Handbags, briefcases and satchels
- Overnight travel expenses