Tax deductions for artistic directors, media producers and presenters
Artistic directors, media producers and presenters produce artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports and other information, and conduct interviews on radio and television.
Average weekly pay: $1,466
Employment size: 27,900
Future growth: Moderate
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Coaching classes or lessons if undertaken to maintain existing specific skills or to obtain work-related skills for use in a particular role or performance – this applies even if the training is undertaken between engagements.
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting places of work; or transporting bulky equipment or costumes.
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Home office running expenses.
- Commissions paid to agents.
- Computers, televisions, video recorders, compact disc players and professional libraries.
- Overtime meal expenses.
- Cost of maintaining a photographic portfolio for publicity purposes.
- Audio, videotapes, video digital discs and compact discs used for rehearsal.
- Theatre and film tickets if the show has content directly related to current work.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
Joining fees paid to agencies.
Audition expenses (as incurred to gain work).
Gifts such as flowers or alcohol provided to fellow presenters, producers or directors (as it is a private expense).
Cost of attending awards nights or other social functions.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Overseas conferences, courses and study tours
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality