Tax deductions for automotive electricians
Automotive electricians install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
Average weekly pay: $1,044
Employment size: 6,700
Future growth: Stable
Skill level Certificate III or IV
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting places of work; or transporting bulky equipment/tools.
- Motor vehicle travel between work locations, or for training purposes.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes meals and accommodation.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, gloves, and overalls.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employer’s logo.
- Fees for renewing machinery operating licences and tickets, union fees, and subscriptions.
- Sun protection costs including sunglasses and sunscreens.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Home office running expenses.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Sunglasses, sunscreens and cosmetics
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.