Tax deductions for checkout operators
Checkout operators operate cash registers, receive payments from customers, issue receipts, and return change.
Average weekly pay: $824
Employment size: 134,800
Future growth: Stable
Skill level High School or Certificate I
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between two workplaces, or two jobs, or to attend training.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overtime meal expenses – if paid an overtime meal allowance under an award or industrial agreement.
- Compulsory work uniforms branded with the employers logo.
- Training courses.
- Cost of making up till shortages.
- Self-education expenses related to current income earning activities.
- Home office running expenses.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Grooming including hairdressing, cosmetics, hair and skin care products.
- Conventional clothing (even if the employer makes it compulsory).
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Overtime meal expenses
Self education expenses
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.