Tax deductions for motor vehicle parts salespersons
Motor vehicle parts salespersons sell vehicle accessories and parts in retail and wholesale establishments.
Average weekly pay: $979
Employment size: 41,800
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Certificate II or III
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between workplaces, visiting clients or for training purposes.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Client gifts bought for work purposes by salespersons who are entitled to receive commission income – includes a Christmas hamper, a bottle of whisky, wine, gift vouchers, flowers, etc.
- Computers, tools, and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Overnight travel expenses on sales trips or for training/conferences – includes airfares, meals and accommodation.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Work-related training courses – including first aid, OH&S, bookkeeping, sales techniques, customer service, merchandising, computer skills or management.
- Self-education expenses – includes course fees, books, stationery, equipment and travel.
- Home office running costs.
- Gifts – if earning a fixed income and not entitled to earn commission.
- Entertainment expenses including buying lunch for a client or business associate.
- Expenses incurred in attending social functions e.g. monthly sales representative networking breakfasts.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Gifts to clients, suppliers and contractors
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality