Tax deductions for welfare support workers
Welfare support workers provide support, information and advice to clients on emotional, financial, recreational, health, housing and other social welfare matters.
Average weekly pay: $1,084
Employment size: 83,200
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Associate Degree or Diploma
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between hospitals, clinics, and visiting patients.
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home).
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending medical conferences, seminars, and training courses -includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Self-education courses.
- Magazines, books and journals related to health and medicine.
- Medical defence and income protection insurance.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Union fees, licences, medical registration fees and subscriptions.
- Home office running expenses.
- Travel for industry functions which includes entertainment, e.g. three-course meal, band, and alcoholic drinks.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their accounting
"I have been using Mr Tax Refund for a few years now and they have consistently delivered the best and easiest tax returns I've completed. After years of seeing an accountant in who overcharged and made me feel uncomfortable around my earnings and purchases, and always delivering low returns, the easy phone calls with Mr Tax Refund and good kickback have been a revelation. Big ups."
Sheneé Mabalhin Bobrige
Want some free advice?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.