Tax deductions for welfare support workers
Welfare support workers provide support, information and advice to clients on emotional, financial, recreational, health, housing and other social welfare matters.
Average weekly pay: $1,084
Employment size: 83,200
Future growth: Very Strong
Skill level Associate Degree or Diploma
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel between hospitals, clinics, and visiting patients.
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home).
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses attending medical conferences, seminars, and training courses -includes airfares, accommodation, meals, and incidentals.
- Self-education courses.
- Magazines, books and journals related to health and medicine.
- Medical defence and income protection insurance.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Handbags, briefcases, and satchels.
- Union fees, licences, medical registration fees and subscriptions.
- Home office running expenses.
- Travel for industry functions which includes entertainment, e.g. three-course meal, band, and alcoholic drinks.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Logbook for motor vehicles
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Home office running expenses
Handbags, briefcases and satchels
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality