Tax deductions for upholsterers
Upholsterers make, rebuild and repair upholstered chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
Average weekly pay: $1,400
Employment size: 189,100
Future growth: Strong
Skill level Bachelor degree or higher
Typical tax deductions include:
- Motor vehicle travel to and from work if having either shifting workplaces (working at more than one site each day before returning home), or transporting bulky equipment.
- Motor vehicle travel between job sites, to pick up materials, or attend training courses.
- Phone and internet – work %.
- Overnight travel expenses visiting clients or attending different workplaces – includes airfares, accommodation and meals.
- Protective clothing including safety-coloured vests, steel-capped boots, breathing masks, gloves, and overalls.
- Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions.
- Courses, seminars and self-education expenses.
- Computers, tools and equipment.
- Home office running expenses.
- Compulsory work uniform branded with the employers logo.
Tax Strategies we can assist you with.
Self education expenses
Computers, tools, equipment and other assets
Compulsory work uniform
Union fees, licences, registrations and subscriptions
Phone and internet
Motor vehicle expenses: cents per km method
Home office running expenses
Overnight travel expenses
Join thousands of individuals, investors and entrepreneurs who trust us with their tax returns, finance and accounting.
Clients served since 2012
Thousands of Aussies trust us with their tax returns and accounting
Tax Questions? Accounting Questions?
Got a burning question? Let us help. We’ll even do a month of your bookkeeping and provide you with a set of financial statements for free.
Late tax returns are our speciality