The Accountants Direct tax service differs from the ATO’s “myTax” system in 5 important ways:
- Accountants Direct is a professional 1 on 1 tax agent service – do your tax return from anywhere in Australia with degree qualified, experienced Tax Accountants and Agents who review your return before it is lodged with the tax office.
- Accountants Direct will, in most cases, get you a much larger refund. Different studies have shown that, over time, people who self-prepare their taxes using myTax pay thousands more in tax than those who use Registered Tax Agents like us. We know tax law and how to legally claim all deductions possible. With myTax you rely on your own knowledge of tax law – which is generally very limited.
- Accountants Direct is an independent tax agent service – we are not the ATO. We go to bat for you when dealing with the ATO. Our accountants will talk to the ATO for you and help resolve issues such as debts and audits. myTax is the government who want you to claim only the bare minimum and generally have little patience for the average taxpayer. Remember, their job is to collect tax – ours is to get you as much back as possible.
- Accountants Direct helps you all the way, personally. Using ATO myTax, you’re on your own – there is no help. If you mess things up (it happens a lot) you are completely on your own.
- Accountants Direct does the heavy lifting for you. We save you time and proactively offer you more ways to pay less tax. You don’t have to read thru pages of instructions and information only to find it does not apply to you!
Smart Aussies (in fact 75% of all taxpayers) use a Registered Tax Agent because they know they will be ahead come tax refund time. Accountants Direct will likely improve your refund significantly, save you time and stress and help you steer clear of ATO trouble.
Stephen is the CEO of Accountants Direct and is a Professional Director, ASIC Agent, Startup Advisor & Investor & Capital Raising Specialist.
Contact Stephen or his team if you have any questions about this post or any business matter in general.